Applying for a Russian Visa – document collection
Russian Visa Online is a non-Government based service.
Russian Visa Online is a non-governmental organization that is officially registered as a Russian tour operator and is officially authorized to issue Russian visa invitations (sometimes called a Russian visa voucher or Russian visa support), the document necessary for foreign travelers to apply for a Russian visa at their local Russian Consulate. It is impossible to apply for a Russian tourist visa without this document.
Our fees are listed below and are based upon a service fee for the issuance of this visa invitation. Russian tourist visa invitations are not issued directly by the Russian government but are rather issued by a qualified Russian tour operator that arranges tour programs and hotel accommodations in Russia. Russian visas can be applied for directly with the Russian Consulate using the official site of the Russian Foreign Ministry.
Russian Visa Online also acts as an expeditor and agent between our customers and the Russian Consulates in the US, UK and Canada, delivering visa applications to the Russian Consulate on behalf of our clients - please see our full visa support service for more information. This can save our customers time and money by alleviating the necessity for our customers to travel to the Russian Consulate themselves and to wait in long lines to apply.
Applying for Russian Visa at the Embassy or Consulate
Starting from December 10th, 2014, those applying for Russian visas in the UK, Denmark, Myanmar and Namibia will have to be fingerprinted at the Russian Consulate in those countries. The same procedure will be introduced at the border crossing point at Vnukovo International Airport in Moscow. See details here.
Our Value Proposition and Services for Russian Visa Support
5 - 12 Days for Full Visa Service, 1-3 days for Visa Invitations
Consulate Fee and Service Fee for Full Visa Service, Service Fee only for issuance of Visa Invitations
Telephone, Email and Live Chat
After receiving your visa invitation or voucher, you should visit the website or contact the Russian Consulate in your country to learn how to submit your documents and apply for a Russian visa. Different countries have different rules. To find out the telephone numbers and addresses of the Russian Consulate closest to you, please visit http://www.mid.ru/en/maps
Some Russian Consulates will request the original of the visa invitation instead of a copy. This is frequently the practice for business visas, however often for business visas a telex can be sent to the Russian Consulate.
If you discover that the original invitation or voucher is required by the Russian Consulate, please tell us and we will send it to you by express post. We require that express postage be paid by the customer.
- Usual requirements for applying for a Russian visa for NON-US CITIZENS are written below:
- Russian visa application form for non-US citizens (citizens of all other countries) (PDF)
- Original passport with expiration date at least 6 months beyond the end of the visa expiration date. You must have 2 free / clean pages (no stamps or marks on these 2 pages) in the passport to which the visa will be inserted - they should be side by side
- 3 passport size photos
- Consular visa processing fee payable to the Russian Consulate by cashiers check or money order
- Cover letter (doc)
- You can usually submit your application in person at the Russian Consulate closest to your home. Different countries have different rules. To find out the telephone numbers and addresses of the Russian Consulate closest to you and additional information on your country's application process, please visit http://www.mid.ru/zu_r.nsf/strawebeng
- For UK and Canadian citizens: If you cannot submit the documents in person, you may use a third party agency to submit the documents on your behalf. Our company also offers this option under the name full visa service. This is where you send your passport and other documentation to our processing center and we obtain the Russian visa for you. To learn more about this option, please visit the Full Visa Service page. You may also use other agencies for this process.
- For business visas only, if you plan to stay in Russia for more than 3 months a HIV test is required (please contact the nearest Russian Consulate or Embassy or review its web site for further information)
- Requirements for applying for a Russian visa for US CITIZENS
- A completed visa application form (one per person) with one professional passport-size photo glued to the appropriate space of the form. Applicants should complete Visa application on-line and print it out on the web-site: http://visa.kdmid.ru. Please note that any other application forms are not acceptable.
- A valid passport (original) and a copy of its vital pages with bearer's personal data, passport validity extension, the bearer's name change, etc. Passport must be valid for six months beyond the visa expiration date and contain at least two blank pages marked "visas", otherwise the passport and documents will not be accepted.
- 1-2 Passport size photos
- Confirmation of the hotel reservation, a contract for provision of tourist services, confirmation of reception of the tourist. The above mentioned documents shall have register number from the Uniform Federal Register of the Tour Operators of the Russian Federal Tourism Agency and the seal of the host organization.
- You may submit your application in person at the Russian Consulate closest to your home. For more information on applying and hours of the Russian Consulate closest to you, please visit the official Russian Consulate website.
- If you cannot submit the documents in person, you may use a third party agency to submit the documents on your behalf. Our company also offers this option under the name full visa service. This is where you send your passport and other documentation to our processing center and we obtain the Russian visa for you. To learn more about this option, please visit the Full Visa Service page. You may also use other agencies for this process.
Registering your Russian Visa on arrival
Travelers are required by Russian law to register their Russian visas if staying in Russia more than 3 business days. In this case, travelers should apply for the registration immediately upon arrival (on the same day). Visitors to Russia that do not have their visas registered may be required to pay fines when they exit Russia or if they are stopped by the police.
- Hotels will register the Russian visas of their guests.
- If staying in a private apartment you will have to apply to a local migration department to have your Russian visa registered or the agency that booked this apartment for you may be able to help register your visa
Due to licensing issues, Russian Rail does not handle Russian visa support to citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Bosnia, Chad, Egypt, Ghana, Ethiopia, India, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Nigeria, N. Korea, Pakistan, Palestine, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sri-Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam.